Saturday, August 7, 2010

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

When starting of fresh, I had the idea, that I should take time to scribble down random thoughts and musing a bit more regularly. And I had some snippets of information that I wanted to write, but seems like Google moves faster than I am able to formulate my take on the current situation.
I planned to write a bit about Android and where I though it was going and what I believed Google was trying to do. Then Google I/O 2010 of course ruined all of that and made my musings redundant.

On a business trip, Telecom Line, I ended up discussing the rumored Google TV project with other attendants in the seminar. Of course Google went public at that time and once again my brilliant rhetoric on the subject was rendered useless.
Only comment I can add to the Google TV, is that I hear Google is having a difficult time in convincing the content owners to hand over their content for free to Google, so that Google can monetize from it with their OTT push.
When I heard the that snip it of information, my first thought was NIH (Not Invented Here) ie Google got their own agenda shining so brightly that they can not accept that others don't see the world in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment